AUDIT ASSOCIATES ENJOY CHALLENGING AND REWARDING CAREERS AT SINGLETON, CLARK & COMPANY. HERE'S WHY...
- We may ask you to drive 53 miles north, spend the day with a client, then drive 53 miles back
- That same week you may have to do that again and again
- The next week we may ask you to drive 106 miles south, stay three nights in a Holiday Inn Express, and then return
- You will need to work some overtime during the audit season
- You may find yourself frequently out of your comfort zone
- You won't just be auditing cash your first year
- It may scare you that we have more confidence in you than you have in yourself
- There may be some late nights required to meet a deadline
- There's no telling where our clients may set you up for the day
- You might find yourself rubbing elbows with a school Superintendent or city Mayor
- Were a small company, so if you're a rock star, fans may be scarce at times
- You may have to present your work at a client governing body meeting... on short notice
- You may realize you love accounting and auditing
- You may realize you've found... a CAREER
STILL READING? ... YOU MAY BE OUR KIND OF PROFESSIONAL.
You are a rare breed. Why not introduce yourself with an email and resume?
Tell us about YOU. Tell us your interests and life goals. Maybe tell us what you don't like. And definitley tell us what Smashing Auditor Stereotypes means to you. We will read your email with great curiosity. (probably several times) Your resume? It will get a quick glance. Hint: Write your email well.
We are always interested in meeting individuals who want to work in the trenches of public accounting for a career boost. The knowledge, skills, and experiences gained in public accounting will serve you for a lifetime.
HAVE YOU HEARD WE HAVE A GREAT CLIENT BASE?
We frequently enjoy day and some overnight travel to the scenic and historic areas all over Texas. Our clients are interesting and fun to visit. And with Texas having over 1,030 school districts, over 950 cities, and 254 counties, a career serving governmental entities such as these is limited only by the level of your ambitions.
AND THIS ISN'T YOUR GRANDFATHER'S CPA FIRM. (OR YOUR DAD'S) FOR EXAMPLE...
- We use the ProSystem fx Engagement electronic binder software product to conduct paperless audits
- Client financial statements are produced within Engagement originating with a trial balance database and ending with a single PDF
- All workpapers are based in Excel, Word, or PDF
- We compute 100% in the cloud and our work is accessible from anywhere
- Clients provide documents to us through online portals, so we always know what we've got
- We try to avoid the canned audit programs. We've customized to make them better. And so you'll always know what to do
- We use BaseCamp web-based project management software, so we spend less time in meetings (we hate meetings), and never have hair-on-fire moments
- Our associates enjoy top-notch laptops, monitors, and scanners
- We have an "unlimited" paid-time-off policy (well, not really, but hours and days off here and there are not tracked, and we still get three weeks for vacations)
- If we are not scheduled at a client site, we decide where to work. From the office, remotely from our homes, or a cool location of choice to achieve our "flow"
- We use Skype for Business, so even when we are disbursed, we are still all huddled together online
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Enter our corral of potential Audit Associates today. We always check the herd first when new opportunities arise.
We are especially looking for self-motivated certified public accountants with a proven record of success in public accounting, and specifically governmental entity auditing.
We are also always willing to clear the way for any proven A-Player accountants looking to make their entrance into public accounting. Are you an A-Player? Tell us why.
Introduce yourself today to Preston Singleton, our Managing Shareholder, at firstname.lastname@example.org.